We want to make services we delivered on the internet easy and our content ricjer and relevant. This sometimes involves placing cookes on your computer or mobile device.
Cookies are simple pieces of data stored on your hard drive. They are safe as they cannot be used to disseminate viruses and they can’t be executed as code.
Cookes we use cannot be used to identify you personally as no personal information such as telephone numbers or email addresses are stored within these cookies.
Cookies used on our website
We will use the following cookies on your computer/mobile device:
- TestCookie – used to determine whether a user’s browser accepts cookies.
- PHPSESSID – used to store the session id of a user. This is required to determine whether a user is logged in to our website. Session data is stored when a user is filling in a form, however the data is stored on the server and not in a cookie.
These cookies are set to expire as soon as a user quites their browser.
Both of these cookies are required for our site to operate and no not contain personal data. We therefore consider these cookies necessary in order to provide a service to the user.
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical data about our visitors. We collect this information in a way that does not identify you and the data is not shared with anybody else.
- _utma – keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occured.
- _utmb – records the moment in time when a visitor enters a site and expires at the end of the session.
- _utmc – records moment in time when a visitor leaves a site and expires after 30 minutes.
- _utmz – keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on and what keyword was used.
Third party cookies
Our site has a number of pages with embedded videos or other content from a third party. Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device from a third party are not related to foursquare.org.uk.
Four Square (Scotland) does not control how a third party uses their cookies. Please check third party websites’ privacy policies:
You could also delete cookies from your device and change cookies setting in your chosen browser – How to delete cookies.